Brantwood Camp was the dream child of one man, the Reverend Donald Browne, an Episcopal clergyman from Massachusetts. Browne had first visited the mountainside between Greenfield and Peterborough, New Hampshire in 1900, and he had named it “Brantwood” because its magnificent view was reminiscent of the one from John Ruskin’s famous hillside home of that name, located in England’s Lake District. Many decades later, Browne’s dream and simple start has expanded into two campuses both with several recreational areas, rustic structures, pools and even land at nearby Silver Lake.
November 30, 1904 Trustees of Brantwood incorporated
brantwood camp closes
Brantwood closes due to First World War.
Mary Cheney Schofield Helps re-open camp
Mary Cheney Schofield proposes that St. Marks School re-opens Brantwood in memory of her son William H. Cheney who was killed in action during World War 1.
Brantwood Camp adopts camp song
“For Brantwood We Stand” written by Billy Judge adopted as camp song
Rev. G. Gardner Monks, Brantwood Director, writes the Brantwood Prayer
Warren Winslow Brantwood Director ( Served as brantwood director from 1937-1938)
Charles Cook Brantwood Director ( served as brantwood director from 1943-1963 )
Warren Winslow passes away
Director Warren Winslow passes away while on the USS Turner
First former camper director
George Topka Brantwood Director; first former camper director
First session of Brantwood for Girls
Left to right, Noelle Leonard (current Board President), Keri Ann Strain,Margaret (Cook) Gurney Director
Girls Summer Camp Holiday
Brantwood for Girls first summer at Camp Holiday, Milford NH
Brantwood for Girls first summer at Camp Quinapoxet, Rindge NH
Girls Dedication ceremony
Brantwood for Girls Dedication Ceremony
Left to right: Noelle Leonard, Paul Daigneault, Bill Gurney, Nick Noble, Kevin Mitrano, Ed Puliafico, George Topka, Mike Razza, Jason Webster, Harold Ross, Stephen DiCicco, Nathaniel Peirce, Alicia Skovera, Amy Willey